Updates to the HAFA Short Sale Program in 2012
- The removal of occupancy requirements. Previously, HAFA required homeowners to have lived in the property within the last 12 months.
- $3,000 relocation incentives will be limited to properties occupied by an owner or tenant at the time of the short sale.
- Mortgage payments will be allowed to exceed 31% of the homeowner’s gross monthly income. This update will allow a homeowner to stay current on her mortgage and still qualify, minimizing the overall impact to her credit.
- Secondary lienholders may receive up to a maximum of $8,500, up from $6,000 previously.
- And one of the most dramatic changes: The Credit Bureau Reporting will be Account Status Code 13 (paid or closed account/zero balance) or 65 (account paid in full/a foreclosure was started), as applicable.
at your service,